The Romanian Association of Perinatal Medicine - ARMP - was founded in 1995, and from 1996 it was approved as IAMANEH Romania, having the following main objectives:
- the improvement of the medical quality care in obstetrics, perinatal medicine, neonatology and pediatry;
- the promotion, the support and development of some medical and scientific programs;
- the establishment of some co-operation relations with the state governmental or non-governmental institutions, that have similar activities in the field;
- the organization of scientific manifestations every 2 years, and of national courses, having as topic the research in obstetrics, fetal medicine, neonatology, genetics;
- representation of the interests of the association's members at the Romanian Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Romanian Ultrasound Association in Medicine and Biology, EAPM, OMS and FIGO.